Who We Are
- For simplicity throughout this notice, ‘We’ and ‘Us’ means the Silvester Horne Events (SHI Events). 'You' means you as a person visiting our website, attending our venue, buying tickets, subscribing to our news and event promotions.
Why We collect your information:
- We track your activity on our website for the purposes of assessing the popularity and suitability of the content.
- We use small text files saved on your device called Cookies. See our Cookie Notice for an explanation of what Cookies are and how we use them.
- We receive your information from Ticketsource solely related to your bookings and associated payments to them.
- When you subscribe for Event information and News by email, we retain sufficient information for us to manage that service effectively.
- If you make contact with us on-line, by phone, written correspondence or by visiting our offices we will record the reasons for your contact together with sufficient information for us to respond.
When you Give us your Consent:
- If you are subscribing for Email News, we will contact you by email to verify your request and to give you an opportunity to change your mind.
If you Change Your Mind....
When We have a Legitimate Interest:
- For example: To inform you of cancellations or other significant changes to events.
- We may use your records to assess opportunities for changes to website content, introducing new events and genres and discontinuing others.
If We have Contractual Obligations:
- For example: When you have bought tickets for an event.
If We have a Legal Obligation to fulfil:
- For Example: If there are instances of criminal or fraudulent activities.
Your Rights (Overview)
This is a brief outline of Your Rights regarding your data that we hold and use. Please read the ICO website (see https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/) for full details.
- Right to be Informed....
about us collecting and using data at the time of collection. If we obtain your information from 3rd parties, we must tell you as soon as possible.
- Right of Access....
You are entitled to ask us to supply, free of charge, the information we hold about you. We have to verify that you are the person entitled to it. Certain information should be provided digitally under the Right to Data Portability
- Right to Rectification....
If you find information about you held by us is incorrect, you have a right to ask us to correct it.
- Right of Erasure....
You have the right to ask us to erase your information, and we will do so unless there is an overriding reason not to do so.
- Right to Restrict Processing....
You can ask us not to process specific information we hold about you. This might apply if you have asked us to erase information, but we have legitimate reasons to hold it.
- Access to your personal electronically held data is password-protected, and in sensitive areas it is encrypted.
- Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
We use partners to perform specific processing activities. We are careful to provide only necessary personal information for them to perform their tasks They provide us with necessary information for us to perform our duties.
- MailChimp provide our email notification services.
- Ticket Source provide event ticketing facilities, including payment processing. We do not receive payment transaction details from them.
- Google Analytics and WordPress ( see https://automattic.com/ ) provide us with anonymised statistical data relating to your usage of our website.
We have satisfied ourselves that their Privacy policies and practices comply with the Regulations, we will periodically review each for continuing compliance. Some of our third parties operate outside the UK. E.g. Google, WordPress (Automattic.com), Mailchimp are US based and conform to standards recognised by GDPR